• 20.4.14

    NYC QUAD | BEST OF BROADWAY

    Every now and again, I like to have a rummage through my makeup stash to see if there are any products that I can rekindle my love with again. It’s very easy to get all caught up with the new launches which are cool and exciting; however I love going back to products that were once my favourites. During one of my scours, which are very far and in between to say the least, I saw the NYC quad in Best of Broadway, casually sitting at the back of all my shadows.

    NYC Best of Broadway | £2.99 | Link
    NYC is a brand which I have never properly ventured into, however I’m a sucker for their nail polishes and having had a pleasant experience, branched out into their makeup range. NYC is a brand that predominantly sells makeup and nail polishes at inexpensive and reasonable prices. I remember picking up this quad when my makeup collection was petite to say the least. This quad was never my ‘go to’ quad but it was definitely one that has stuck by me ever since.

    The first shadow of the quad is a deep brown/black shade which is the only matte in the quad and looks great on the outer corner, blended out in the crease. The following shade is a shimmery brown which looks really nice and subtle. Next up is a more champagne shade which is so pretty swept over the lid. The final is one I like to use for a highlight. None of the colours are too shimmery or hard to work with and can be worn on a daily basis or for a night out.

    The shadows themselves are easy to work with, however fairly chalky leaving some fallout when applying the product to the lids. When first swatched, they’re not the most pigmented shadows I own, however can be built up in pigmentation, so great on the versatility spectrum; as well as this, they are nice and easy to blend out.


    I would recommend this product, if you’re new to makeup or want to build up your collection as it’s very inexpensive, easy to work with and looks great on.

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx