• 30.6.15

    JUNE FAVOURITES

    So June has basically passed us and we are almost in May. So it’s now that time when I round up everything that I have been loving throughout the month of June. There have been quite a few newbies to my stash and a couple rediscoveries. So let's jump in!

    A standout product this month has got to be back the Magnitone Lucid* cleanser. It has made my skin so much nicer and easier to manage and I've broken out a lot less as it thoroughly cleanses my skin especially after a day of a full face of make up. I particularly like to use this with The Body Shop Nutriganics cleanser; I just find that really removes all the dirt and bacteria from my face, better than I could manually.

    On the subject of skincare I have also thoroughly been enjoying the Nivea Micellar water. I've heard a lot about this over the past few months and I finally bit the bullet and gave it a go. One thing I really like about this product is how gentle it is on the skin yet it still does a really good and thorough job of removing the bulk of my make up without leaving any excess oils on the surface of my skin.

    I recently switched up some products in my skincare routine and one of them was my moisturiser. I somewhat substituted my Ovelle moisturiser for the Elizabeth Arden Refining Moisture Cream Complex. The Elizabeth Arden moisturiser is really nice and rich in formulation however quickly sinks in and doesn't weigh down my skin.

    For those of you that have been devoted readers my blog for the last couple of months you’ll know that my current favourite base is the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser. I actually ordered this online and guessed my shade. The shade Malaga turned out to be slightly too light for me so I've recently been using the Bourjois BB bronzing cream. I have absolutely been loving this product as it adds a nice tint to my base as well as a hint of radiance.

    Another Bourjois product I have enjoyed using of the past few weeks is the Volume One Second mascara. I have found that when paired with the Maybelline Lash sensational, it creates really long luscious and volumised lashes. I honestly don't think my lashes have ever looked so good!

    Over the past six weeks or so I have been creating one I looked in particular it consists of a really warm bronzey eye with a hint of red on the lower lash line. The product I've been using for the nice rustic red that I pop on my lower lash line is from the Dolce Vita quad by Charlotte Tilbury. It's the perfect neutral shade yet still adds a pop of colour to the lid and the overall consistency is absolutely perfect.

    Like aforementioned there have been a few rediscoveries this month, the first being the Barry M Brow pen or as I like to call it a sharpie for your eyebrows. I went back to this product after I ran out of my beloved Soap and Glory archery pencil. I had a little rummage through my stash and came across this. Until now I have never given it a proper chance however I have been loving its recently it creates such a strong yet natural brown which is what I strive for in a good eyebrow product and is so easy to use.

    Another rediscovered a product that I have been using this month is the Topshop blush in let her go. About a year ago this was my absolute go to product it's such a nice pinky peachy tone tone shade and it just adds a nice sheen to the cheeks which  contributes to the whole dewy aspect. I particularly like this shade because it adds a nice flush of colour to the cheeks without being overpowering all looking too obvious.


    What have you been enjoying recently?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx