• 6.7.15

    MY BLOGGING EQUIPMENT


    Since starting blogging, my equipment/kit has considerably grown. I’m pretty content with it at the moment as it allows me continue to create content frequently, however there is one thing still a few things missing from it. I thought I’d share my current blogging equipment in case any of you are on the hunt for a few things or want an opinion if you’re considering purchasing something!
    This is one of the best things I’ve bought and is where the creative magic takes place! From here, I do the majority of my post writing and photo editing. I also do all the work behind the scene of blogging, such as previous blog designs, emails etc.

    My mini iPad is perfect for on the go. I take it with me when I’m on the train, or to college. It’s perfect for writing posts on the go, especially on my Blogger app which allows me to write, schedule and publish; pretty much everything you can do online on Blogger.

    My other baby is my DSLR camera. I absolutely love this camera and it’s one of the best things I own! This is where I take 95% of my blog photos. I love the quality and various settings that are available to achieve different types of photos. A lot of the time I’ll use the 18-55mm kit lens. It’s a great all rounder lens, however if you adjust your settings to match your needs, the possibilities are endless!

    A while back, I purchased the 50mm lens. This is great for close-ups and blurry backgrounds. When I’m not using the kit lens, I use the 18-55mm lens, as it helps me to achieve the sort of photos that I’m looking for.

    This is an absolute essential when taking outfit posts by yourself. It may involve having to walk back and forth trying to get in focus and to get the perfect image. I put my camera on timer and point the remote in the direction of the infrared light to get the image I want.

    I initially purchased studio lights for the winter as it's extremely hard to take decent photos with natural light when there is only a few hours of daylight, which happens to be when I'm out and about. I purchased these of eBay and I sometimes still use them now, even though it's Spring/Summer, I just hate shadows so it helps to balance it out.

    | iPHONE
    I have another app on my phone called BlogGo which is another app which is connected to Blogger which allows me to see which posts are scheduled etc. I also need to have my social media so I can tweet and instagram on the go!

    | NOTEBOOK
    This is another absolute essential. I use notebooks so much! I love to write lists of posts I’d like to write for future posts. Sometimes I find it really hard to just start typing, so I also plan posts as well to make sure that I don’t forget any vital information. My current favourite is this Caudalie notebook as its small, but still big enough to fit streamlined notes in!

    And there you have it, my blogging equipment! If any of you have any recommendations for smaller cameras, please comment below, I’m currently eyeing up the Canon G7X, Olympus ELP7 and the Sony A5000 as I need a smaller, more portable camera for taking photos on the go! 

    Whould you like to comment?

    1. I so want to get my hands on a macbook - they seem to make everything so much easier and nicer in terms of blogging!

      Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'd definitely recommend one, I can't see myself going back to another laptop! x

        Delete
    2. I'm in need of a new camera, the canon sounds good. Love this post.

      Olivia // My Clueless Mind

      ReplyDelete
    3. It's amazing! Definitely one of my favourite things I own! &thank you! x

      ReplyDelete

    @charlottechristmasx